- Estimating projects ranging from $50,000– $10,000,000
- Estimating projects off production base quantities
- Performing quantity take offs through Plan swift
- Soliciting suppliers & subs through Procore
- Creating estimates through SCS proprietary estimating software
- Putting together proposals for SCS business development team within the designated timeline with accuracy include presenting a bid form with scope notes of inclusions & exclusions
- Putting together bid proposals for public & private clients
- Creating & running job hand off meetings between estimating team & project management team
- Minimum 5-10 years of construction experience
- Knowledgeable in general building and site/civil construction
- Construction related degree
- or equivalent job experience.
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Strong speaking skills to effectively communicate orders to clients, architects, engineers, SCS employees including workers, communicate complex information and technical details
- Core Values- honesty, integrity, commitment
- Knowledge of reading project plans and specifications
- Experience working on construction projects
- available references
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office Applications
- One drive
- Plan Swift
- Plan Room
- individual keeps desk, files, & job clean in drive/Procore
- Answers emails within 48 hours
- Team player- does whatever is necessary to help any employee have a better experience @ SCS Construction
- Pass annual drug exams
- Knows and understands programs like zoom, box, & dropbox
- Procore Management
- Responsible for the proper administration of construction contracts
- Procore Certification of Project Manager Tools- pass each course and earn certification
Daily, Weekly, Monthly (additional responsibilities)
- Procore timecards
- Entered in daily & cost coded to each job
- Filing weekly credit card receipts for administration department
- Provide to PA’s
- Includes gas receipts
- Find & bring qualified subs & suppliers to help bid projects
- Treat subs & suppliers fairly
- Performing job walks with SCS clients
- takes accurate notes
- uploading pictures & videos
- creating scope notes for subs/suppliers (if needed)
- Understands SCS Cost coding
- Understands the company P drive
- Notify upper management on PTO & VAC time off requests
- Provides in a professional manner & ensures work will be complete while away
Description: This individual must have all the qualifications of a Journeyman Carpenter.
Basic skills associated with this position are required as well as a full inventory of hand tools as listed in the policy manual. Power tools will be provided. A general ability to read blueprints is also required. This individual must be physically capable of manual labor and be safety conscious.
This individual must have obtained these skills either through experience or trade school and have proof of a minimum of 5 years prior Carpentry experience. Carpenters must also have the ability to work in unsupervised conditions.
Basic Function: Build to SCS Construction quality standards in a safe manner.
Reports to: This individual reports to the job superintendent and General Superintendent.
Duties & Responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Possess all the skills of a Journeyman Carpenter and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Can read and understand blueprints.
- Can layout and build walls. Wood and metal, etc.
- Can set commercial door frames, hang doors and install door hardware.
- Can set cabinets and countertops.
- Can install trims and finishes.
- Can layout and install acoustical ceilings. Not a requirement but a plus.
- Must be able to direct labor to effectively help complete tasks.
- Can set up and operate level/lasers and establish grades and elevations.
- Can fill position of lead man, when required.
- Come to work on time and prepared with tools necessary to complete work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Join Our Team
If you are interested in joining the SCS Construction team, please fill out the form below: